What sort of person qualifies to join MD2MD?
|I’ve never been trained to do my current job of running a business … my machine operators have more training to do their jobs than I have to do the job of Managing Director||I’ve had loads of business training, but now I’m Managing Director I realise that most of my decisions aren’t based on logical analysis but on experience, instinct and judgement|
|So much to do, so little time||We seem to have plateaued|
|Why don’t they care like I do?||Why can’t they all pull in the same direction?|
|I feel we’re on borrowed time!||I never set out to run a business|
|We’re doing well, but I’m not sure where we’re going||I’m tired of this – But how do I get out?|
|We’ve had a lucky break – now how can we make this sustainable?||I’ve got 40 people whose livelihoods depend upon me – Help!|
MD2MD is a membership organisation for real practical leaders (mainly Managing Directors) with an ambition to achieve greater success for their organisation. Membership is by mutual agreement – it must be appropriate both for you and for existing members.
You are likely to qualify as a member if:
- Are ambitious for greater success in business
- Realise you need to lead your team to achieve that success – you can’t do it by yourself
- Have the humility to recognise that everyone, no matter how experienced, can become an even better leader
- Have the thoughtfulness to learn from the innocent questions of those without the colouring of years as well as from experienced old hands
- Are managing a profit and loss account and making decisions on priorities and people
(whether you have the title Chairman, Chief Executive, Managing Director, Senior Partner or anything else)
- Are based within an hour or so of one of our groups
(although we did have one person who lived 3 hours away join us because he combined our meetings with client visits)
- Is sufficiently established as to require you to lead more than do – which probably means that more than ten people are actively involved in the business and you probably have revenues of £500k to £50M
- is growing, or has been and you want it to resume
- is from private, public* or third* sector (charities)
If that describes you, why not find out more about how MD2MD develops leaders by attending a meeting as our guest without cost or commitment.
[button url=’http://leaderfest.co.uk/request-a-guest-place/’ icon=’iconic-user’ fullwidth=’true’]Find Out More About Being A Guest[/button]
* We match fund one place in each group for a person from the third sector and one place in each group for a person from the public sector providing their salary is less than £70,000 per annum.